Thursday, December 15, 2005

And the answer is...

No takers on the Hittite. I'm not surprised.

It is from a trial transcript and the witness is defending himself, I have forgotten the tablet numbers, I think it is KUB something. It translates, "Some things get lost, but some things remain."

When I was working for the Chicago Hittite Dictionary, we had t-shirts made up with the logo and that phrase in cuneiform across the bottom of the shirt. We actually ended up selling them through the Suq at the OI Museum and Professor Hoffner made up a nice little paper explaining all about it.

So now you can tell people you know something in Hittite (Neshite).

1 comment:

Dr. Joseph Ray Cathey said...

Professor,

I would have gotten it if you would have just given us students a bit more time - I promise.

Well . . . not really. However, it was fun working on.