Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tozer on Worship and Entertainment

Tozer is one of my favorite authors. He never fails to stimulate my thoughts and convict me. This book is a bit different from other ones by him, it is a collection of excerpts from other books and sermons by him on the theme of worship and entertainment. Here is a nice snippet:

"If you do not know the presence of God in your office, your factory, your home, then God is not in the church when you attend."

<idle musing>
There is a tendency among Christians to divide the world into secular and sacred realms. There is no biblical basis for this, but we do it anyway. What Tozer is reminding us of is that all the world is a temple to worship God in. There is nothing that a Christian does that is not meant to be worship. Nothing is secular anymore, because we have God indwelling us in the form of the Holy Spirit.
</idle musing>

1 comment:

Dan McGowan said...

Yeah, this is great... I was just thinking of this (not Tozer, per se, but the overall concept) as I've been reading through some blog posts about the need vs. hatred of "entertainment worship" in our churches... this notion of segregating everything is just nuts... I am a Christian. Done deal. And I worship God wherever I am - I don't "reserve" my worship of God for when I am seated in the "official worshiping God space." Great post!