Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fountain of Youth discovered at Eisenbrauns?

We have an interesting and creative group of people working here at Eisenbrauns. This was driven home to me today when all employees received the following e-mail:


Intrigued by the urban legend that Twinkies have a shelf life of 30 or 40 years and presented with an opportunity to (partially) test the theory when Dave put Twinkies in the break room on sale for $.10 last summer, I began my own version of myth busters. Not wanting to let an opportunity like this pass me by I put $.50 in the money box and secured 5 Twinkies. The stack of Twinkies was then put into the back of a desk drawer with a post it reminding me of the year I put it in the drawer and the date to take it out and test it eatableness--if that is even a word.

One year later and the first Twinkie is ready to be tested. All I can say is that it sure doesn't *feel* like a Twinkie anymore. I am not sure I want to taste it. Feel free to stop by desk if you want to see what [a] one year old Twinkie looks like.

The last Twinkie in the myth buster experiment is scheduled to be opened July 6, 2010.

<idle musing>
And you thought we only published and sold books!

I felt the thing, it certainly doesn't feel spongy. It still looks like a Twinkie, though:


Not sure if I would try it. I'll let you know if we have a sudden sickness in customer service, or–worse yet–a strange metamorphosis of an employee into some different life-form.
</idle musing>

No comments: