Monday, October 23, 2006

Wanderings around Warsaw/Winona Lake

As I was walking to work this morning, I thought maybe people would enjoy a few insights into life in the town, so whether you wish or not, here we go...

There have been a few chain saw carvings lately. One is a violin, the other a trombone. here is the violin:

Stolen from our webmaster and graphic artist, Andy's post

Here is the trombone:

Compliments of Heather, one of our customer service reps, who was trying out the night settings on her new camera. She also took one of Princess Winona.

As I was walking to work through the snow flurries, I saw a cement truck getting ready to pour a new sidewalk. Now that is not a job I would enjoy today! I did enjoy walking through the leaves, though. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Saturday, Debbie and I took a bike ride and the leaves were wonderful, all kinds of yellows and reds, some green still sprinkled in amongst them. Good thing we went Saturday, because Sunday was rainy and windy. Lots of the leaves are now on the ground for me to crunch through on the way to work :)

There is a new Christian bookstore about to open, taking the place of the one that closed last spring. This one is hoping to draw more people by having a coffee shop and fireplace. Fireplace sounds good to me on a day like today. You can find more details here, complete with a picture of the plaza.

In other meanderings, Andy asks Would you go? I hope he finishes all the AAR/SBL graphics before the does! He assured me he will.

3 comments:

Dr. Joseph Ray Cathey said...

James,

WOW! Chainsaw work since he was 8? Now I read this and thought "Who would let their child work with a chainsaw at age 8." But then I noticed on a closer reading that Andy noted the fellow started with knives and exacto blades - much better.

Best
Joe

Dr. Joseph Ray Cathey said...

James,

I just read Andy's post on Would You Go. Part of me wants to say "yes," but you know I would probably say "no." I am just being honest - especially if my children were in country.

jps said...

Joe,

Think about what you just said. If God called you to go, would you really say no? If so, then your real god is your family—not that uncommon, actually, but I think better of you than that.

James