Friday, February 02, 2007

Just arrived!

I walked over to the warehouse just now, looking for a book. As I entered, I looked at the stack of boxes that came in today and saw two from Pontifical Biblical Institute.

Hmmm...what could that be? Usually shipments from Italy take 3 months. Well, I opened the boxes up, and sure enough—there it was, Muraoka's new version of Jouon's Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, and in cloth, too. I thought it was going to be a paperback and didn't expect it for at least another month. I haven't had a chance to look it over thoroughly yet, after all I've only had it for about 1/2 hour, but one nice feature is an index of modern authors and a bibliography through 2003. Here are the details:


A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew
2006 one volume edition
Subsidia Biblica - SB 27
by Paul Jouon and Takamitsu Muraoka
Pontifical Biblical Institute, 2006
xlvi + 772 pages, English
Cloth
ISBN: 8876536299
Your Price: $78.00
www.eisenbrauns.com/wconnect/wc.dll?ebGate~EIS~~I~JOUBIBLIC

1 comment:

Kent said...

You might also be interested in an electronic edition, which is fully searchable, and contains links to Scripture: A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, rev. ed., by Paul Joüon and T. Muraoka