Monday, June 04, 2007

Strawberries

It’s June, and it’s strawberry picking time! That doesn’t require as much effort on my part as it used to, now that the kids are gone. But, I still went out and picked over 30 pounds, which translates into about 24 pints of freezer jam and 15 pounds of frozen strawberries. Of course, that doesn’t include the ones I ate while picking them :)

To add to the fun, we just got a waffle cone maker. Our first few attempts at making waffle cones were pretty pathetic, but we got better. Similarly, we tried making waffle bowls with interesting results. I put some home made ice cream, fresh from the ice cream maker, into one. Oops, bad choice; apparently I had stretched the waffle too much in forming it; there were pin holes all over it and since the ice cream was very soft, it leaked-lots. I ate it over the sink.

God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, and I thank him for it. We have wonderful times together, from making strawberry jam, to discussing theology; from waffle cones to Christian praxis; who but God could have brought her into my life over 30 years ago?

No comments: