Friday, June 13, 2008

Thought for a Friday

I haven't had a lot of time to read lately, but I picked up Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray again the other day and read chapter 7. Here is a selection from it:

If the church will return to acknowledge that the Holy Spirit is her strength and her help, and if the church will return to give up everything, and wait upon God to be filled with the Spirit, her days of beauty and gladness will return, and we shall see the glory of God revealed among us. This is my message to every individual believer: Nothing will help you unless you come to understand that you must live every day under the power of the Holy Ghost.

God wants you to be a living vessel in whom the power of the Spirit is to be manifested every hour and every moment of your life, and God will enable you to be that.

<idle musing>
Do I ever know that to be true in the last few days. Without the continuous upholding power of God, there is no way I could make it. I feel a wall of peace surrounding me and protecting me. Sure, it hurts and I grieve, but not as those without hope, as the scripture says. David put it appropriately when he said of his dead baby that he would go to be with him, but the child would never return.

I do thank all of you for your e-mails, wall posts, comments, and prayers. They do make a difference and I thank God for all of you. I will be leaving to get Debbie on Saturday and won't return until Tuesday night, so there might not be any postings until then.
</idle musing>

No comments: