Friday, August 01, 2008

August sale

Hey, everybody, the August sale is up at Eisenbrauns!

You are going to love this sale. Here is the official blurb:

For the month of August, we are offering 60 titles at discounts ranging from 60-80% off retail. Put another way, the books are on sale from $6.89 to $29.85, with most being between $8.00-$15.00. At these prices you won't have to choose between books and gas!

Ok, the last sentence is my poor attempt at an allusion to Erasmus' famous line, "When I have money, I buy books. If I have any left, I buy food." Did anybody catch it? I didn't think so. Now you know why I am a bookseller and not a comedian. Anyway, check out all 60 titles here. Only two are actually at 60%, the rest are at 70-80%, but it wouldn't have the same ring to it to say, "60 titles, most at 70-80% off." "60 at 60% or better" just sounds better, at least I think so.

No comments: