Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Love of God

“I have given them the glory you gave to me, that they may be one as we are one. With me in them and you in me. May the be so perfected in unity that the world will recognize that it was you who sent me and that you have loved them as you have loved me. (John 1:22-23 NJB)

“While praying over those remarkable words, I came to the inescapable conclusion that the degree of Abba's love for me is in direct proportion to his love for Jesus. For example, I can love the mailman with twenty percent and my best friend with ninety percent. But with God, there is no division, no more and no less. God loves me as much as He love Jesus. Wow!”— The Furious Longing of God, pages 57-58

<idle musing>
Wow! is right. That is an amazing and breathtaking thought.
</idle musing>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even to the fact that Paul says in Thessalonians that "you are God's beloved". That is special and not talked about enough. We really do paint this God that is far off, not a God that is concerned about the most minute detail and just like my 3 year old can come to me because he bumped his toe to get a hug when can approach our Abba expecting the same love and tenderness.