Thursday, August 26, 2010

Agreeing with God

You experience victory when you agree with how God sees you. Stop debating with Him: “But...but...but... I know how you see me, but... I know what the Word says, but...” Just agree with how God sees you. “You see me as holy and blameless and irreproachable. Thank you. I'm holy and blameless, and irreproachable.” You'll be surprised at what happens within you...

Most people want a confirmation of God's truth first, then they'd be willing to confess it. They want seen and temporal evidence. That's the way the world works. The world says, “You act holy, and we'll call you holy.” God says, “Say you're holy, and I will bring that forth in the seen and temporal."— The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out, pages 189-190

<idle musing>
I love what God tells Moses in Exodus; basically, you'll know I sent you once you get the people out of Egypt and all of you worship me here on this mountain! Quite the promise. Of course, Moses argues with God and gets a bit more confirmation, but the point is that God says it, so believe it.
</idle musing>

No comments: