Friday, August 06, 2010

But, will it blend?

OK, not everybody will get the title of this post, but there is a blender company that does marvelous You Tube™ ads; every ad ends the introduction with, "But, will it blend?" So far, only once have I seen it fail...unfortunately, that isn't the case here:

We will get hold of a new passage of Scripture, a new book, or a new concept, and say, “That's what I want to look like.” And we will try to make it happen. I bought just about every “how-to” book ever written. I never did bother to ask if the authors ever could actually do it. I discovered I couldn't. God is the one who does it.— The Rest of the Gospel: When the partial Gospel has worn you out, page 154

<idle musing>
I like that, "I never did bother to ask if the authors ever could actually do it." That question should be asked; I suspect the answer is a resounding, "NO!" But, that won't sell books, will it?

By the way, the ad also usually says, "Don't try this at home." Maybe that should be the disclaimer on all the "how-to" books on living the Christian life...
</idle musing>

No comments: